The only thing I can think of that is more fun than finishing a quilt is starting a new one; however, today’s post is about finishing.
Featuring the light corner
And featuring the darker side.
I am surprised at how stiff it is; I wonder if that is a feature of finishing the binding by machine. I hope it softens with washing.
This quilt got a little random for my taste. I combined squares as the colors appealed to me while I worked, thinking I’d be able to arrange them into a coherent design. I did stop and check whether I needed more light or dark, but that is about all. If/when I make a solids version again (I definitely have a print version planned) I think I’ll borrow a page from the Blooming 9-Patch and make sure each block has one color of an adjacent block.
Here are links to the tutorial and history of the quilt for newcomers to my blog (and the last links show better views of the quilting for those interested):
Michelle’s tutorial is here
My quilt started here in September 2013 with the pattern.
It progressed in December 2013 when I was Queen Bee of Simply Solids Bee and I received 10 Bee blocks here.
I organized, cut squares, and shopped for fabric in August 2014.
I just found Binding Blitz link up, and how fun that I have a bound quilt to share there!