Oh the Sew-cial Network project with selections from Paintbrush Studio Fabric’s “Picnic” line by Mabel Tan has been finished a while; the writing hand just got lazy. (Thanks to PBS for providing the prints.) After much debate, I ended up using the lighter solid (Paintbrush Solids verbena) for binding instead of teal.
I had debated between the darker teal to frame and the lighter to blend with the four blending flower prints. I’m glad I ended up with the blending effect. Another thing about the binding (that I didn’t photograph): all four corners mitered just right. That is a first.
The binding also worked adequately on the back. Sometimes it is difficult to get a good color for both.
Back when choosing solids, I chose the verbena because it appeared in a couple of the prints in small amounts. You can see that better in the detailed shot.
I had debated several quilting possibilities: an overall floral pattern that I have done before (here), something like the first Urban Chicken quilt where I did the white in white thread (here), quilting it down so the triangles would puff up, and an overall meander. I ended up with the latter and think it works fine. It is certainly also the quickest.
And the glam photo
Michele Freedman’s pattern here so you can make one too.
Linking with TGIFF 11/29/19