My spacing is improving with this third attempt.
I aimed for two equal halves. The white yarn was bulkier than the rock red, and I didn’t compensate enough, so the white doesn’t tuck as neatly as it could.
I also got more of a peak at the finish. I should have stopped decreasing sooner. I was experimenting with using double point needles instead of discontinuing knitting in the round and stitching the resulting gap.
The dark side looks closer to the expected shape. It looks a little small, so I tried it on. And it fits me well with no turn up.
The stripes look better this way too. I would have liked it better with wide at top and narrow at edge of the cuff. I still haven’t caught on to designing upside down as well as alternating cuffs.
I’m starting another to try to work that out. Meanwhile this will keep someone’s ears warm.
Previous attempt here.