My plan for the week was to make backs and sandwich five tops I’ve made recently. (I have lots more tops, but they are out of sight.) I started with this top
Its beginning and pattern information are here. Most of my backing fabric has large print designs. That just wouldn’t work with the binding I’d cut.
The first place I start looking is among stuff that is out lying around. I spotted some solids that would combine nicely and made the back.
As I was folding the top and back together, I remembered why the fabrics had been lying out. They were possibilities for the stars in my Irish Star quilt (see QAL button in sidebar) that started as a leader-ender project and has been waiting for its next step. Two fabrics had tails I could make stars from; the other two had been all used up.
So I interrupted my finishing streak after one top to cut the stars so I don’t make the same mistake again. (Starting is always more fun than finishing.) As of now my plan is to cut, then return to finishing. No promises.