The top is finished.
After I made the red numbers, 4 X 6 seemed overwhelmingly large, so the bottom letters are 2 X 3, enough bigger than the scale numbers (discussed here) to still be an easier accomplishment. Plus using all one color allowed for more chain piecing.
I think I would have liked a bit more background between the year and the top months; however, I was being frugal with the dwindling background fabric. With good reason.
That is all that was left when I finished it as it is.
Today’s project is making the back. I think I have enough of each color to make a striped pieced backing. If not I’ll add another friendly color.
Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday. Lots to see there–go have a peek.