ETA: Linking with Clever Chameleon since color decisions were involved. Satisfactorily in the binding of the pink one, less so in the addition of green (opposite color scheme) as accent.
The retreat was in the summer of 2015. I finished the tops fairly quickly (post about retreat with tops finished here); quilting took longer (red one here but I think I had decided not to post the quilting on the pink one till it was bound) and the second binding longer yet.
It’s been washed, so it has that crinkly look.
And here you can see the leaf pattern, an idea I got from Christina Carmelli. And here is the second one quilted and bound.
The quilting is a simple meander, done a couple months ago. One thing holding back the binding is that I’d planned to match the blue of the pinwheel in the middle. But the back said, No.
Finally I finished a project that the rust batik had been held for (here–those trees had been intended for a large quilt), so it was released for other uses. And it worked well for both sides.
These blocks were contributed by many members of the Sunshine online guild (now on MeWe more than on Yahoo); whether from scraps or yardage, the end result is a scrappy quilt.
Since this is almost the 15th, check out Scrap Happy for what others have done with scraps.