This top has been finished for quite a while. Once set aside, it seems a project gets further and further out of mind.
When I would get it out, I’d ponder quilting and then put it away again. Gradually I got the ideas for the wishbone on the sashing and the various motifs between the strips of bias. But what to do with the loop section remained elusive. The shapes of the background did not invite various motifs as did the strips. And besides it seemed that variety might distract from the loops themselves.
I considered echoing, but that too seemed daunting and not necessarily effective. Of course once I got the winning idea, I wondered why it had taken so long. It seemed so obvious. And doable.
At first I balked at crossing all those bias lines, then realized I could do the tight-stitch knotting up to the bias, advance past the bias, then make a couple more tight stitches to anchor the thread and continue the lines, trimming later. Two blocks finished, two to go.
Linking with Connie’s Free Motion by the River. Click and see what others have been doing.