I finished the last four baby quilts just in time to get them to guild for the fire fighters’ pick up for Toy and Joy. The guild has given 2044 this year. (Membership is around 300.) Earlier quilts are two posts back.
The first two are made from larger scrap left overs, but they both needed additions.
(I’ll trim the empty space when I have my photo program again–and have time. Done!) The blue print is a batik of little baby feet. I try for at least a few kid friendly fabrics.
This quilt gets its kid friendliness on the back with this cute bear-print flannel.
I used all I had mixed with left over green and blue checked pieces. The yellow in the photo is green IRL.
The last two were made from a mix of 6-inch squares. My first consideration was alternating lights and darks.
Some of the darks aren’t very dark–just darker than the squares beside them.
Since I was running out of darks i repeated more than I would have liked. I spread them around as much as possible. I also made sure “stand out” colors–yellow and that bright green–were spread evenly.
I quilted with a light tan 50-weight Aurofil thread; it blended with the lights and will sink into the darks after the quilts are washed.
I used a meander for each; it worked well except on prints with a high proportion of dark background.
I had this square finished before I realized the problem. So I tried for the look of water on the rest.
The 4 squares in these quilts are the very last of my bridge fabric. I hate to see it gone.
ETA: 1603 were picked up at the December meeting; the rest had trickled in over the year. And joining Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a Whoop Whoop