It isn’t often that two posts in a row document the start and finish of one piece! But deadlines (real ones) can promote that.
So here is the piece quilted, trimmed to 18 x 36, and faced. The balance is back to something closer to that in the sketches. If I do something approximately this size again, I’ll add only one inch all around. It lost very little in quilting.
I had to wait a couple days to photograph the quilting–there was no sun and my artificial light keeps the quilting from showing. The sun finally appeared yesterday–along with temperatures in the 50s.
I like the background quilting; if I had it to do over, I’d put another layer of batting under the “drops” to fill it out better. It’s okay as is, but I think puffier would be better. Puffier would be nicer for the big “pebbles” too, but that would be impossible to place extra batting since I decided on placement as I went. Maybe the whole thing needed thicker batting.
The ice finally melted so I got it to the post office in plenty of time.
I’ll be joining Friday links (buttons in sidebar). 2/3/17 ETA: Actually linking late because I spaced it the week I finished.