I left off with 25 blocks finished of a started 65. If the block interests you, the tutorial is here. I had triangles to cut and blocks to trim–enough to stall anyone who didn’t have a due date. My earlier plan was a twin and a child quilt. Well, plans can change. I decided that two child quilts were more useful than one twin. So I did some math to figure out what I could do. One will have the planned blue sashing. One will have some pieced sashing and be more baby sized. And one top is finished.
I do have to find a better way to photograph quilts than draped over my sofa, but oh well . . . The white rectangles don’t stand out that much IRL. They were WOW, and I think that does something to the camera “eye.’
To make best use of the blocks at hand, I had to use this alternate block setting instead of sashing. The yellow pieces were too big to call scraps, but they were three leftovers that had no further use planned. Yellow provided a good place to use the blocks that had blue that might not work with the blue sashing. The red border was from $3.00/yd remnants at Mill’s End in Reno. Quite a tempting shop! Good thing I don’t live close. And the print, well I broke down and bought new to have something that went well with the rest.
With the Leader and Ender quilt having become a primary project, I still have plenty of L/E potential.
And that is just the 1 1/2-inch squares. Some, especially the light fabrics, are still from the old Keepsake sample box. The rest are new additions from my various scrap control days.
The triangles to the left are left over from making the blocks. Although I was counting, I kept making more because I needed different colors to complete blocks. I’ll not cut any lights to go with them till I know what I want to do with them. Meanwhile I’ve started combining a light (random colors) and a dark blue. From there I can go to 4-patch, 9-patch, or checkerboard, depending on future designs.
Linking with Oh Scrap! today and Leaders and Enders Challenge next month –buttons for each in sidebar.