I feel like I am alternating projects. The Retreat project and the Home project. I finally made a queen sized arrangement for the 54 blocks that I ended up with (didn’t use five of them).
The head of the bed is to the right. There was only one place where I could set the step stool in this small apartment. I’ll work on getting a better photo after it is quilted. No way I could quilt this size! I have some ideas, though, and I’ll listen to my quilter’s advice.
I spent more time thinking than sewing. I had graphed the setting while at the guild retreat last weekend, but when I laid it out on the sofa bed, there were too many blocks. I counted and recounted, checked and double checked. It finally dawned on me to measure the sofa bed. Not quite a perfect model. It is 72 inches long instead of 80. From floor to top is 18 instead of 25. Next time I use it for a model, I’ll be prepared.
Once I had the size figured out, I had to plan the order of assembly so I wouldn’t have any Y seams. I kept missing one and having to re-calculate. I guess extra time thinking is the price for choosing not to use a pattern.
I even have some ideas for a title: The Blue Hole and Cracked Ice, so far. Accepting suggestions!
There is a lot of white in it. If I were decorating, I’d make a blue dust ruffle (though any color in thw quilt would work) and several throw pillows for the upper right white corner. I’d make the pillows plain colors instead of patchwork, but use colors from the quilt.
Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday.