It took only a week longer to finish the top than I expected. Partly because it was tedious, and partly because I read two novels instead of sewing. That is the hazard of having more than one hobby.
I reported on the start of the quilt here and here. I tried various ways to get the aqua/green into the border, but each of them lost more in the effect of the border than they gained overall. I was so busy taking down and putting up that I forgot to photograph any of them. I did replace half of the squares in the first row with the darker green, one of the colors I’d have used if I’d have done the Court House block of an earlier plan.
As I said earlier, the border was rather tedious to do. But yes, I would do it again if I had a quilt that it seemed right for. I would think twice about how many colors and values I’d use, and most likely restrict myself to two. I also think it would look better on a larger quilt with a center that is put on point so that there are large triangles to rest the eyes on.
2/17/15 Linking with Tues Archives